Activated Carbon Market Latest Trends
Global Activated Carbon Market By Product (Powdered, Granular, Extruded/Pelletized, Others), Raw Material (Coal-Based, Coconut Shell-Based, Wood-Based, Others), Application (Liquid Phase, Gas Phase), End Use (Water & Wastewater Treatment, Food & Beverage Processing, Industrial Chemicals, Pharmaceutical & Medical, Automotive, Gas & Air Purification, Mining, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Activated Carbon Market
Global activated carbon market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 10.08% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing usage of the product in different purification and treatment processing in different industries.
Market Definition: Global Activated Carbon Market
Activated carbon is a type of processed carbon designed to provide smaller, lower-volume pores in its structure which help in increasing the surface area in filtration application. These pores help increase the absorption capacity, and therefor are utilized in purification in a number of processing industries such as food & beverages, oil & gas, pollution control, water & wastewater treatment among others.
- High levels of demand for water & wastewater processing industries; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing concerns for the environment resulting in greater demand for purification and filter media; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Presence of strict regulations regarding the treatment of water and air in various industries; this factor is expected to augment growth of the market
- High levels of research and developments in the production of carbon; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Lack in the availability of raw materials for the production of the product resulting in higher production costs; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Presence of certain alternatives product offerings; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Activated Carbon Market
- Activated Carbon Fibers
By Raw Material
- Coconut Shell-Based
- Olive Stones
- Petroleum Pitch
- Liquid Phase
- Gas Phase
By End Use
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Food & Beverage Processing
- Industrial Chemicals
- Pharmaceutical & Medical
- Gas & Air Purification
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2018, Kuraray Co., Ltd. announced that they had completed the acquisition of Calgon Carbon Corporation, which will operate as a subsidiary of Kuraray Co., Ltd. alongside Kuraray’s Carbon Materials Business Division directly reporting to Functional Materials Company. The acquisition will have a positive complementary effect on Kuraray’s activated carbon and filtration media offerings while improving the environmental and sustainable product divisions of the company globally
- In November 2016, Calgon Carbon Corporation announced that they had completed the acquisition of CECA’s activated carbon and filter aid business. This combined enterprise will provide specialised presence and capabilities in the European region for activated carbon and other filtration media. The combined operations will be under the Chemviron brand name and will be integrated into Calgon Carbon’s European based business
Global activated carbon market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of activated carbon market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global activated carbon market are Osaka Gas Chemicals Co., Ltd.; Cabot Corporation; Kuraray Co., Ltd.; HAYCARB (PVT) LTD.; KUREHA CORPORATION; Donau Carbon GmbH; Silcarbon Aktivkohle GmbH; Prominent Systems, Inc.; OXBOW ACTIVATED CARBON; Advanced Emissions Solutions, Inc.; Albemarle Corporation; Carbon Activated Corporation; Evoqua Water Technologies LLC; Ingevity; CarboTech AC GmbH; Boyce Carbon and OTC among others.
Key focus of the report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward-looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides five-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
Thanks for reading this article; you can also get individual chapter wise section or region wise report version like North America, Europe, MEA or Asia Pacific.
About Data Bridge Market Research:
Data Bridge Market Research set forth itself as an unconventional and neoteric Market research and consulting firm with unparalleled level of resilience and integrated approaches. We are determined to unearth the best market opportunities and foster efficient information for your business to thrive in the market. Data Bridge endeavors to provide appropriate solutions to the complex business challenges and initiates an effortless decision-making process.
Data Bridge Market Research
Email: [email protected]